Visit the museum service:
The Location of the Museum:
- The Museum is located in the South – Eastern side of the Republican Palace building, on the Gamiaa Street. It faces the Building of Ministry of Foreign Trade, and the Martyres Gardens.
The Divisions of the Museum:
- The Presidential Vehicles Wing. These vehicles were used for official errands of the Governor General and the former Presidents in the Sudan, since the condominium epoch (1898-1956) and the Sudanese rulers' after independence, in 1956, and on.
- The Oil Paintings and Photographic Portraits Wing, of the rulers and Governors of the pre-independence period, and the post-independence nationalist era, together with glimpses of their personal history.
- The Presidential gifts, which were given to the Presidents in the nationalist era.
- The Musical Instruments, the vessels and the furniture which were used in the Republican Palace, in the past decades.
- The documentation of the period of the nationalist plight for independence.
- The decorations and memorials found inside the Museum Hall.
Visiting Times of the Museum:
- The Museum receives its guests and visitors, as follows:
Friday, Sunday and Wednesday for each week, the morning period: 9a.m., up to 1 afternoon.
The evening period: starts at 4 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m
Visit the library service:
- The present building of the Library lies in the South – Eastern part of the Palace building.
- It contains the archives and the Library. The latter is located in a hall which includes book shelves and a reading room. The visitors enter the Library, through a passage which leads to the main Library Hall, from the Northern side. On the right, there are the Periodical stacks, and the Internal Hall. There is also another passage on which the offices are situated. The Archives building is parallel to the main hall; and it is constituted of two halls – one for keeping the documents and the other is a show room. Between the Main Library Hall, and two archives rooms, the Administration offices are situated.
The opening and closing times:
- The Library of the Republican Palace, receives the beneficiaries from inside the Palace, daily, according to the normal official working hours. It also receives the public from outside Palace, three days in the week (i.e. Sunday, Wednesday and Friday).
From 9 a.m., to 1 afternoon;
From 4 p.m., to 8 p.m.