Since the seizure of Muhammad Ali Pasha to Sudan in 1821, Sudan became Under went to the rule of the Turkish Egyptian colonization (1821-1885 AD) under the jurisdiction of Egypt. In that time Sudan was ruled bya governor called Hakimadar in Sudan. And the capital was changed from the capital of Fung sennar (1504 - 1821 AD) to the city of Wad Medani In the era of Gmadar Osman BeyYarkas (1824 - 1825 AD) also he took the Khartoum as his aseat and began to transfer the states offices from Wad Madani to Khartoum gradually until the final transition and taking Khartoum as the capital for the Capital management ruled Sudan in 1830.
Hakimadaria Palace (saraye):
Hakimadar mahubikourfly (1825- 1826 AD) was put the first building of the Palace which consisted with mud (mud) shaped as a rectangle allocated as the headquarters for the management of the rule of Sudan and his residence was known as (Saray Hakimadaria) in 1825.Hakimadaria Palace is located on the southern bank of the Blue Nile less than a kilometer from the crossingof the two Niles White and Blue.
In the era of the Hakimadar Khurshid Pasha (1826 - 1838 AD) some additions and improvements were putto the Hakimadaria palace building which was completed in 1834. He also established the provinces building and conveyed to it the offices and the interests of the State Administration and Hakimadaria Palace which remained the residence of the Hakimadar and his family.
Hakimadar Abdullatif Pasha abdalla (1849 - 1851) destroyed the mud building (Hakimadaria Palace) and re-built it in 1851 with the assistance of bricks which was transported from the remains of the ruins of the ancient city of Soba and some of the old buildings at Abu Haraz both located on the east bank of the Blue Nile. It consists (palace) and it newSaray consisted from two flats…..with stones from the outside had a pavilion for visitors and a special pavilion for women, surrounded by gardens with different types of trees like palm trees and grapes. HakimadariaPalace remained the seat of Hakimadaruntil the Mahdiyarevolution.
During the beginning of the rule of Mahdi’s state (1885 - 1898), which defeated the Turkish government of Egypt and killed the last Hakimadar Charles Gordon on the steps of the stairs in Hakimadariapalace in the January 26, 1885. It began a national governance which demolished the Hakimadaria palace building and city of Khartoum was abandoned and the capital was transformed to Omdurman on the west bank of the Nile, and became the capital and the headquarter of the governance of Mahdist state (Caliph House) until the English Egyptian colonization.
General Governor's Palace:
During the English Egyptian colonialism period (1898-31 December 1955) Khartoum was rebuilt again to be the capital of the Sudan and Herbert Kitchener Pasha, the first governor general of Sudan to re-build the palace for the third time in 1899. He built it on the stones shape to the demolished Palace Hakimadaria In 1900 a large part of the palace building was completed and the second governor the Sir Reginald Wingate settled in it until the general mukhatt was completed to the rest of the palace and its annexes by the year 1906. And was erected with the red brick (brick), but the corners were built by sandstone. The Palace was consisted of a ground floor and two floors, and three pavilions ,a major pavilion which faces the Blue Nile and extends east and west wing right-wing stretching from the major pavilion to the south ones, and the whole construction represents half of an a square and after the construction of the Directorate building to the west of the governor's year (currently the Ministry of Finance) the administrative and financial secretary office was transformed to The General Governor's Palace remained general headquarters and the residence of the governor general of Sudan during all the periods of the English Egyptian colonization of. And the total distance of the palace reached(74,000) square meters in this period.
Republican Palace :
In the first of January 1956 Sudan gained its independence from Britain and Egypt, and the flag of both Britain and Egypt was descended and the Sudanese flag was raised in the palace building. So. the Palace remained Sudan's official residence for the presidency of the Republic of Sudan and a symbol of national sovereignty. it became known as the Republican Palace. And had the offices of the member’s sovereignty Council and Departments of the presidency. The Prime Minister had a residence and offices in another location (the Ministry of Youth and Sports now). In the subsequent national governments the palace was allocated as the headquarters of the President of the Republic and his deputies, assistants and advisers after the abolition of the Presidential pentathlon Council system (Sovereignty Council). The second floor had also allocated as an official hostess for guests of the country such as kings and presidents when they visit Sudan until 1974. In addition to other sites outside the palace was also used as place for hospitality. The former president General Ibrahim Abboud considered the only president of the Sudanese heads of Sudan inera , who lived inside the Republican Palace, where aplce was built of the residence in the south western part of the Republican Palace in 1960.
a new spaces were added for the complex of the Republican Palace in the south side in 1971 (additional buildings were added for the departments of the palace and the Republican Guard and cars parking inside the Republican Palace compound ,in successive national periods. The recent addition of other areas of the Republican palace on the eastern side to become space College of the Republican Palace is currently 150 thousand square meters.
The New Presidential Palace:
There was a need for an establishment of a new presidential palace to meet the needs and the tasks and functions of the presidency to keep pace with the times and technical development. there were attempts to set up a new presidential palace in the previous national governments. It was agreed to establish a new presidential palace during the visit of Chinese President Hu Jintao to Sudan in 2007. A contract was signed and Authorized the design of the new building of the presidential palace after the completion of all the technical studies on the project in 2009. Also the execution contract was signed in November 25, 2010. The Work began on the project in March 2011. And It was officially in agurated on the night of January 26, 2015 under the hands of his excellency the president Field Marshal Omar Hassan Ahmed Bashir, and raised the flag over the sarya of the new presidential palace to mark moving of the leadership of the presidency to the new presidential palace.
Republican Palace complex:
Republican Palace complex is located on the southern bank of the Blue Nile and issur rounded from the north with the Nile Street and from south the University Avenue from the east Abusin Street and from West the Street of Miherabint Aboud street and Since Khartoum Planning the Republican Palace was put to be appoint to divide the city of Khartoum into two parts and around the east and west ministries and government departments and government offices and southern institutions commercial were built.
The total area of the Republican Palace compound (150) thousand square meters.
Complex presidency components:
1 / New Presidential Palace building which is located in an area of 5300 square meters.
2 / the old palace building which is located in an area of (1926) square meters.
3 / Buildings of the undersecretary of the Presidency of the Republic and its departments.
4 / Departmental headquarters in the eastern part of the presidency compounds.
5 / leadership of the Republican Guard.
6 / Museum and Library.
7 / landscaping and gardens.
8 / Mosque.